Tuesday 10 February 2015

The Moth And The Butterfly

This is the story of two caterpillars.

Two caterpillars started their lives together, and they were inseperable. They went everywhere together. They ate together, helped each other out through hard times, they felt strong feelings for each other. The caterpillars were in love, and it felt timeless.

Inevitably, the time came for them to part. They both cocooned away from each other, as the transformation was due.

When they emerged, they were no longer caterpillars. One was a moth, and one was a butterfly. The moth and the butterfly tried to get on and rekindle their feelings, but the butterfly was unsure. The butterfly would go off alone and avoid the moth. This made the moth very unhappy, until one day he confronted the butterfly.

"What has happened to us?" Asked the moth.

"If you must know." Said the butterfly, "I used to love the way you crawled, but now all you ever do is fly. I used to love the way you wandered, but now you're always drawn to the light. I used to love the way you chewed on leaves all day, but now you hardly eat at all. I used to love the things you did, but you've changed. Surely you feel differently as well?"

Taken back a bit, the moth thought for a moment. Finally, he responded. "Yes I feel differently. I used to love the way you crawled, and now I love the way you fly. I used to love the way you wandered, and now I love the way you're always attracted to flowers. I used to love the way you chewed on leaves all day, and now I love the way you hardly eat at all. I didn't love the things you did, I loved you, and I love the way you've changed."

The moth's love went unreciprocated, and the pair were never together again. The story of the moth and the butterfly is timeless, and upsetting.

But don't worry, moths and butterflies live... what... three days at most?

This story gets harder when people are involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment